What is a creative project consultant? was a long term residency and artistic intervention experiment at a “specialist provider of business services” whose expertise lies in human motivation.
As stated in the public biography, Rhiannon was at SHM to:
- think about things differently
- bring fresh perspectives to the business’s work
- adapt her creative methodologies to their work
Some of the things that happened as part of this include:
- metaphoric takes on client work, deployed in diagrammatic form
- weekly team sessions defined by a lack of productivity, where the main activity was the use of consensus decision-making techniques to choose how to use the time
Outcomes of this period include:
- a methodology for a 6-month schedule of artistic interventions in the workplace, ART | WORK, that enhances wellbeing in the workplace and shares innovative creative practice
The rest of Rhiannon’s work at SHM is subject to non-disclosure agreements that are commonplace at the cutting edge of global capitalism.
Dates: April 2013-2014, Holborn, London.
“Since you’ve been here people have been ‘bringing themselves to work’ a lot more, and that is invaluable for creativity and innovation.”
“Oh my god she just brings life, she brings a sense of possibility because even when she says something that’s kind of left of field and we all tell her she’s wrong, she just picks herself up and says something else that’s amazing.”